Word tracker

My Works in Progress

Thursday 10 January 2008

Echoes of the Past

I have set up a separate blog for those who want to read more about my terrible time in 1981 that acted as the catalyst for some great writing. Don't read it if you're squeamish! I'm quite happy to blog with anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Anyhow, I analysed the writing I had completed in the period from the end of May 1981 up until August 1981. It's spurred me on with this second book and I can't wait to get home from work and get writing tonight. So next time you're experiencing extremes of emotion, pick up a pen and see what flows, put it away for a while and then read it again.

Wouldn't it be great if we could go back in time and visit ourselves at such awful times? If I could I'd tell 24 year old Annie not to give up trying to get published and waste all those years being a secret closet writer. I'd tell her to be careful about her weight (at 24 I was super-slim - now I'm ... well ... not!)

But above all I'd fling my arms around her and thank her for hiding away her writing in the loft and not chucking it in the bin.

6 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

It's feels so good to turn a negative into a positive. Good for you and good luck with the writing. I shall have a look at the other blog.

DAB said...

Annieye, I've just read your other blog. It made me cry, such a emotional time for you both. TFX

Anonymous said...

Im just going to read it now! You are quite right, emotional times do make much better writing. I find if Im happy I write a load of rubbish! Well done for being so positive!

Lane Mathias said...

I'd like to thank 24 year old Annie too x

Casdok said...

Yes if we could go back in time....

Moondreamer said...

If I could get my hands on 24 year-old Moondreamer, I wouldn't know whether to hug her or shake her!

(Wish 64 year-old Moondreamer would visit sometimes though ...)

I too find writing very cathartic ... the wonderful power of written words! Will have a look at your other blog now. Keep up the good work! :o)