Actually quite pleased to be tagged – I couldn't think of a single thing to blog about today, and it's not like me to be lost for words, Tom Foolery thanks for saving the day.
The idea of this tag is that you have to state six quirky, odd things about yourself, or little habits. Not big scary life-changing confessions or anything - just little bits of strangeness.My husband says I'll have no trouble finding at least ten times that amount of peculiar facts about me. (Git,) Right, here we go.
1. I don't know my left from my right without looking to see where my wedding ring is (know that wedding ring goes on left hand – see?)
2. Years ago I had a troublesome moley thing on my boob, which had to be removed. It was actually a third nipple and caused much hilarity and innuendo. My best friend very sympathetically said I would have been dunked as a witch in the olden days. (Cow.)
3. I went joy riding at the age of fifteen. My mum said I was in with the wrong crowd and easily led. I agree with her excuse completely.
4. I failed my eleven-plus exam and went to a mixed-sex secondary modern school, much to the horror of my parents. Five children from my class were selected - but weren't told what the test was - to have another chance at thirteen). I passed, was congratulated by the Head Teacher and given a letter to give to my parents, saying I could transfer to the High School. I ripped it up, threw it in the hedge on the way home and kept my mouth shut because there was no way in the world I was going to go to an all-girls school. A subsequent, posted, letter came during the Easter holidays addressed to my dad. I intercepted it, typed a very eloquent reply on mum's typewriter, forged my dad's signature and voila .... no-one ever knew! That is, until the parent consultation night at the end of the summer term ... oops, forgot about that, didn't I?
5. My most favourite track ever is "Why Worry" by Dire Straits. I have it in the car, on CD in the kitchen and on my MP3 player which goes everywhere with me. I bet I've listened to it most days for the last twenty-odd years. It's better than popping a Prozac when you need 8 minutes and 31 seconds of immersing yourself in a little bubble of self-indulgence and escaping from the world and everyone in it. A close second in the "Prozac" category is 10cc "I'm not in Love" and Led Zeppelin "Stairway to Heaven".
6. I am hopelessly clumsy and have no co-ordination whatsoever. Dancing is out of the question (see No. 1). I got banned from ballet lessons at the age of five because of it and caused devastation at aerobics thirty years later.
The small print: Link to the person that tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Tag random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.