I had to know, you see. When it had gone, would I look like a toothless old hag?
It's a slippery slope! It's important to remain vigilant and ward off the age-gremlins when you're in your fifties. In the last few weeks I've:
- Cooked liver for tea and actually enjoyed it instead of pretending to
- Moaned about the price of fish
- Got in someone's way in the aisle at Tesco's
- Obsessed about magpies and silly superstitions
- Indulged in some bad driving
- Been praised for having a miniature sewing kit in my handbag
- Become a granny again
To keep the grim reaper at bay I've decided to take some positive action.
1. I have 101 Housework Songs (as advertised on TV). Oh joy! Will dance naked to the first track on the first CD with a new and handsome domestic appliance
2. I will drink a Jack Daniels and Coke in the pub on Sunday
3. I'll listen to Radio One and not Radio Two in the car
4. I'll smile seductively at the first handsome young man I see today
5. I'll ask Emily if I can borrow an item of her clothing
Do you think that might do it?